" />" />
Roast Tenderloin for Two
We like to season a prepared tenderloin with Depot Spice, give it a quick sear in a touch of oil on the stove top and then when ready roast it at high heat, then let it rest. Great on it's own with a side of roasted fresh vegetables. Let nature's harvest be your condiment. (see roasted vegetables below)
3lb Prepared Tenderloin of Beef - meaning all sliver skin removed by Butcher or yourself
2 tsp Depot Spice
2 tsp oil (canola)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a medium size sauté pan (Cast Iron preferred), heat oil on high until very hot.
3. While pan heats up coat beef with Depot Spice. When hot quickly sear all sides of beef. No more than 30 seconds per side. You want to give the meat a nice color without cooking it. Remove from heat and set aside on a small roasting or sheet pan until ready to put in oven.
4. Cook tenderloin at 425 for 15 minutes or until 135 degrees on an instant read thermometer or desire doneness. Keep in mind the beef will continue to cook even when removed from the oven.
When ready to eat slice against the grain and serve.
We have no secrets. We use Depot Spice to make tasty food. We use the freshest ingredients whenever possible to create savory meals that satisfy most palettes. Try to recreate some of our seasonal signature dishes. If they aren't spectacular, well, you know who to call.
Sometimes we just need to keep things nice and simple. We love to roast fresh vegetables in a little Depot Spice and Olive Oil, that's it.
We roast them at a very high heat for a short time, allowing their natural sugars to caramelize and bring out the great flavors of the actual vegetables with a little help from Depot Spice.
Fresh Vegetables - zucchini, yellow squash, eggplant and sweet peppers for this one.
1 tsp Depot Spice (or to taste)
1 TBL Oil Olive (extra virgin preferred)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Wash and prep vegetables as necessary. Slice vegetables into 1/2" discs, sweet pepper into 2" strips.
3. In a large bowl, keeping like vegetables together, work in batches to coat each type in Depot Spice and Olive Oil. When complete place on a sheet pan in a single layer.
4. Roast at 450 for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables begin to caramelize on top and turn a nice golden brown. Removed from the oven when desired color is achieved.
Serve with Tenderloin. Add Quinoa Pilaf to round out the plate. (see recipe on right)
Copyright © Better Life Food. All rights reserved.
Tequila Lime Marinated Grilled Shrimp
DINNER FOR TWO
Quinoa & Cranberry Pilaf with pepitas
Better Life Food Baked Goods